Your one stop cheat sheet to gift giving this wacky holiday season.
We took all the hard work out of selecting the perfect holiday gift for your special van-lifer, trail runner, and/or self proclaimed adventurer. Happy shopping, and happy adventuring!
Alpine Start Instant Coffee 3-Pack ($24.27)
Wether it’s an expedition to Alaska or car camping, look no further than Alpine Start Foods. This sampler pack is a great way to try their three popular flavors; Original Blend, Dairy-Free Coffee and Creamer, and Dairy-Free Dirty Chai Latte. My favorite, hands down, is the Dirty Chai, but they are all amazing!
- PREPARED FOR ANY ADVENTURE – Lightweight, portable, and convenient, single-serve packets
- DISSOLVES EASILY, EVERY TIME – Dissolves instantly and smoothly with 8 fl oz. of hot water, milk, or non-dairy replacement
- PREMIUM COFFEE BEANS – Brewed with 100% high altitude Colombian arabica medium roast coffee beans
- FITS ALL DIETS – Fits vegetarian, vegan, dairy-free, paleo, and non-GMO lifestyles
OS1st FS4 Plantar Fasciitis Compression No Show Socks ($24.99)
OS1st has successfully made a socks that runs well, but also provides incredible support to both your arch and heel. Their seamless design ensures no chafing while you log your miles, however many miles that may be.
Adventure Camping Blanket, Leisure Co ($33.99)
An adventure blanket that doubles as a poncho. At this price point, it’s an excellent gift for anyone to keep in their trunk and use it when nature provides an opportunity for a picnic or watching the sun set while the temps dip.
- Super compact & light camping quilt. It’s perfectly portable for backpacking, hiking, beach days, festivals, picnics and travel.
- Warm and cozy with water-resistant polyester. Keeps the wind and water out and you warm. Perfect outdoors around the campfire or for games at the stadium.
- Durable and super easy to clean. You can toss it in the washing machine or spot clean, perfect for picnics with the family and for your pets.
- Wear it hands free. Buttons up like a poncho so you can look stylish and stay cozy without worrying about it falling off – more mobility and warmth.
- Great sleeping bag alternative in the warmer months. Weighs just 1.4 lbs. Size: 4′ x 6′. Compressible & Packs down to 13.5″ x 6″ x 6″.
Gaia GPS Premium Gift Membership ($40)
Navigate off grid, with no cell reception. Game changer for any backcountry travel, this app places your position on a topographic map and makes navigation a breeze.
- Download unlimited maps for seamless navigation anywhere, even when you’re offline and without cell phone service
- Access to more than 250 maps and overlays
- Layer maps to create a custom view
Tread &Butter Insoles ($60)
Meet the sustainable, ergonomic, and plush insoles great for hiking, running, and skiing. Tread&Butter Insoles are available in either a high arch (Cascadia) or low arch (Suntoucher) option.
- Made with sustainable natural cork
- Odor-crushing XStatic silver technology (say no to foot stank)
- Poron Vive cushioning (high rebound)
- Comes in full sizes for men and women (no trimming)
- Climate Neutral Certified (100% offset through carbon credits)
*Save 10% off your order with discount code ‘ILANA_JESSE10’*
Dynafit Ultra 100 Goretex ($169.95)
Dreamy cushioning with a rugged and grippy sole. Mix in some Gore-tex and you have your winter running dream shoe.
- Well-cushioned running shoes designed for your longest trail days
- Soft cushioning eases stress on your feet during high-mileage runs
- Outsole grips in wet and dry conditions and on hard and soft trails
- Invisible lacing system covers the laces to prevent wear and tear
- Toe bumper protects your forefoot from roots and rocks
- Heel preloader keeps your foot supported and in place as you run
- Sensitive Fit+ system cradles the midfoot for support and stability
Mammut Barryvox Beacon ($350)
The industry leader in avalanche safety equipment, Mammut sets the bar high. So high that this beacon and the Barryvox S version are the industry standard for professional guides and athletes alike. Boasting a proud 70m search radius, this is the beacon you want your backcountry winter enthusiast to have.
- Intuitive beacon for backcountry skiers, splitboarders, and skimobilers.
- Triple antenna boasts an extended 70-meter digital range
- Easy-to-see display shows distance, direction, and victim number
- Auto switch from search to send after not moving for four minutes
- Group and self tests with clear instructions
For the explorer that goes to far away lands, the driver who drives winding mountain roads, or those that want piece of mind that communication with anyone is available via satellites instead of cellular service. The Garmin In-Reach Mini is a 2-way satellite communication device packed full of features, with the most important being the SOS feature which contacts a 24/7 rescue monitor and allows for you to message back and forth to rescuers in case of an emergency. All of this packed into convenitent 3.5oz size. An In-Reach is actually responsible for saving the life of one of our reviewers in the remote Alaska backcountry after a boulder crush injury, so we don’t leave home without it EVER.
NOTE: This does require a monthly fee to use.
Coros Vertix GPS Adventure Watch ($599.95)
In a GPS smartwatch market dominated by Suunto and Garmin for well over a decade, a third player has emerged. Enter the Coros Vertix, a GPS watch with a barometer capable of 60-hours of full GPS use and 45-days of day to day use.
- Ultra-durable GPS multisport watch with range for extreme conditions
- Impressively scratch-resistant glass and titanium make for a durable combination
- Multisport training and winter-training modes
- Track blood oxygen saturation and altitude acclimatization
- Advanced metrics for recovery and overall training status
- Excellent battery life and lightweight design
- Smart features keep you connected to emails and texts