- 2 pounds of white fish, scallops and or shrimp (can mix and match here)
- 8-10 large limes
- 3 vine ripened tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup clamato juice
- 1 serrano chile, seeded and finely chopped
- hot sauce, optional (we recommend Tapatío)
Place chopped fish and seafood in a medium bowl and cover with lime juice. Mix well, cover and store in fridge for 24 hours.
Remove from fridge and drain off and discard 3/4 of the lime juice. Add the tomato, cucumber, onion and cilantro and mix well. Add the clamato, chile and hot sauce (optional).
Serve chilled. I like to serve this with avocado and will even toss in corn chips for the carb friendly crowd.