HOW TO: Affix Bungees to Petzl Nomics
Leashless tools are all the rage right now and for good reason. They are fantastic for single pitch mixed and ice lines when dropping a tool isn’t much of an issue; however, in the mountains a dropped tool could lead to serious issues. We are psyched on the Petzl Nomic tools for challenging vertical terrain, but couldn’t wrap our head around how to affix umbilical bungees to the tools. After some fiddling, we figured it out and our tools are ready for long, committing days in the alpine.
- Petzl Nomic Tools
- 1-2mm accessory cord
- 3mm allen wrench
- matches or lighter
- Gather all supplies (listed above)
- Remove the pommel, using the allen wrench
- Thread cord through larger of two pre-drilled holes, securing with an overhand knot and pulling tight
- Replace pommel back on desired setting (S,M, or L), tightening with the allen wrench
- Cut cord tails, using scissors to cut below overhand knot and a flame to seal ends.
- Affix bungees and go crush that alpine objective.