Substitute your spaghetti with these zucchini noodles in less than 10 minutes! A healthy alternative to spaghetti.
I’m engaged to an elite athlete, which results in a black or white meal time scenario in our house – either indulgent overeating on my behalf or what he considers to be food deprivation on his behalf. I have finally found a happy middle ground. I can still prepare his carbohydrate party pasta dishes; however, I can spend a few extra minutes preparing this zucchini pasta as a substitute for my spaghetti noodles. We both leave the dinner table happy, and full.
- 2 zucchini squash, rinsed
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- _Note: What is a spiralizer? Buy one here!_
- Cut the zucchini ends off and cut the zucchini in half. If you want to remove the greenness of the pasta, use a vegetable slicer to peel away the green skin. Place the zucchini squash on the spiralizer, utilizing the smallest blade type to create noodles. Crank the handle and spiral away, trimming the zucchini pasta every 8-12" or so.
- Preheat a skillet over medium heat, add a dash of extra virgin olive oil. Add the zucchini noodles and toss for approximately two minutes, throwing in a pinch of salt and pepper to taste.
- That's it! Now you have a scrumptious substitute for spaghetti, transforming all f your favorite pasta dishes into a gluten free, vitamin rich paradise. Garnish with sauce of your choice or keep it light with cilantro and lime. The opportunities are limitless, this recipe is merely a canvas for meal time creativity!