Return your cams to like-new with this step-by-step guide on how to clean and lubricate the lobes.
- Cams, the Grimy Ones
- Medium Pot of Boiling Water
- Paper Towels
- Gather all supplies (listed above)
- To pot of boiling water, stir cam lobes to remove excess dirt and grime. Be careful to only soak and stir the metal lobes.
- Allow cam lobes to air dry for 30 minutes.
- Spray WD-40 on cam lobes, working the trigger to allow lubricant to work its way into the lobes.
- After allowing WD-40 to sit on cam lobes for 10-minutes, remove excess lubricant with a paper towel. Excess lubricant will attract dirt and grime, so this is a critical step.
- Relish in the glory of your like new cams.