Spanish Cauliflower Rice - A paleo twist on a mealtime favorite.
I’ve made this ‘rice’ a handful of times for guests whom dread cauliflower’s existence. Knowing this in advance, I leave out a small detail when describing the dish at mealtime – it’s not rice, but cauliflower! The crowd always goes wild at the dinner table.
- 1 cauliflower head, remove stems and pulse florets in food processor to mimic rice
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 green bell bepper, chopped
- 1/2 bunch cilantro or add to taste, chopped
- 1 can Mexican style stewed tomatoes, no salt added
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 jalapeño, chopped
- 1 tsp cumin
- pepper, to taste
- Time Saving Tip: Trader Joes sells Dorot - crushed garlic and Dorot - chopped cilantro in frozen section.
- Add coconut oil to medium high heat.
- Add onions and peppers, sauté until onions are soft.
- Add garlic and herbs, toss for one minute.
- Add cauliflower and cook over high heat for a few minutes (until brownish).
- Stir in tomatoes and cook until liquid is gone.
- That's it. Now beat yourself up for not doubling the recipe.