Ingredients Meatballs: 1.5 lbs ground turkey breast (higher fat works great and holds the meatballs together) 1 carrot 4 garlic cloves 1/2 cup shredded coconut (organic section of grocery store, unsweetened) 1 egg 2 tsp thai green curry paste (look in "ethnic" section of grocery store and aim for no sugar, etc.) handful of cilantro [...]
- 1.5 lbs ground turkey breast (higher fat works great and holds the meatballs together)
- 1 carrot
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut (organic section of grocery store, unsweetened)
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp thai green curry paste (look in “ethnic” section of grocery store and aim for no sugar, etc.)
- handful of cilantro
Green Curry Sauce:
- 4 tbsp thai green curry paste (same type as for meatballs)
- 1 14 oz can coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
- 1 sliced jalapeno if you like spice
Heat a tablespoon of coconut oil over medium-high heat and add the meatballs (probably half of your batch). Cook for a few minutes over medium-high heat and then flop the meatballs over. It should take about 15 minutes to cook thoroughly.
Heat coconut oil with green curry paste and sliced bell pepper with jalapeños over high heat in a saucepan. Let boil for two minutes then add coconut milk and reduce to moderate heat. Let simmer and thicken for 15-20 minutes.
Serve meatballs with sauce with your choice of anything really. My recommendations are cauliflower rice or a vegetable like bok choy. Enjoy!